Sometimes just listing the 10 or 12 things that irritate you the most can help you get going into what to focus on (or not) in 2017. As I often do, I took this process backwards – did my focus and goals first. But I do have a category box for What I don’t like doing/What I don’t need to do.
So, loosely based on that, (or some of the flip side of my goals) and just what I’ve observed in the world the past year, here in no particular order is my dirty dozen:
- Friends who phone and don’t leave a message. How am I supposed to know they called when I was out or otherwise not available?
- Telemarketers and the like who leave a voice mail message.
- Rain in the winter – heavy or otherwise and heavy rain, heavy winds any other time as well.
- Unforeseeable house and property problems such as water getting in the basement from no. 3 above or for any reason.
- Consumer service and utility screw-ups.
- Family, friends and yes, me too, getting sick, especially with something serious.
- Public transit problems.
- Leaders of countries who are dictators (that’s the leaders, not the country here).
- Rude pushy people.
- Not getting enough sleep.
- Going crazy trying to manage my time.
That’s the tip of the iceberg. But I do love many things like gardening, writing and reading. Another blog post will go into some of that.
What are your pet peeves – what irritates you a lot?
May your 2017 be happier, brighter and more focused than 2016.
Good riddance to 2016.
Only Child Writes